Hunting and Fishing
Any Alabama resident between the age of 16 & 64 must obtain a fishing/hunting license to fish or hunt on public or private land or water ways. Alabama residents age 65 or older are not required to purchase a hunting or fishing license as long as they have proper identification to prove their age. If born on or after August 1, 1977, you must have a Hunter Education Identification number.
You may obtain a Hunting and/or Fishing license at the following location:
Alabama Department of Conservation
Lee County Probate Office
215 South Ninth Street
Opelika, AL 36801
Requirements for a Hunting License:
- A valid Alabama driver's license
- Hunter Education Card if applicable
- Cost: $24.20 for State All Game Hunting license
- Cost: $16.15 for State Small Game Hunting license
- Non-resident licenses are available. Please call for additional information.
Requirements for a Fishing License:
- An Alabama driver's license
- Freshwater: $12.10
- Saltwater: $21.20
- Non-resident licenses are available.
- Please call for additional information.